Grow Your Business
The not so everyday stuff designed to help you grow your business, yes that’s right, a firm of accountants who will go beyond compliance to actually help you achieve your goals and make your dreams become a reality through our three tailored business advice and support packages: Improve, Grow and Be Inspired.
How Do You Play the Business Game?
Recently, Arnon Barnes, International Peak Performance Trainer and Business Mentor, described the five ways people play ‘The Business Game’:
- Refuse, that’s right, refuse, the 90% who take this route are employees,
- Pretend, we have all met them, onto the next shiny big thing, the next big money-making idea, let’s be honest, they are pretending to play the game,
- Not to Lose, playing a defensive game,
- Win, at all costs, even if they are in business with the wrong people; and
- Win on Your Own Terms, isn’t this the way we all would want to play the game? If only we knew how…
The good news is our business growth service is designed to help you play the game and win on your own terms.
Our growth service takes over where our accountancy service stops, this is your next level of support, it is important to note, that on average our business advisory service will only be needed for a 24 to 36 month period, after this time you will have the skills to carry on your journey yourself. This is not to say that we leave you on your own, we do not, we will still carry on having the board view meetings with you 3 times a year, after all, if we don’t hold you to account who will, and we are of course always here to support you with many other services, services such as a virtual finance director.
Just like our accountancy services we have three package levels to help you win on your own terms.
This is our growth starter package. You know your business has potential, now let us help you start to make the most of it.
- Goal setting for you and your business. Goal setting will help you identify, articulate, and understand where you want your business to go that will in turn help you achieve your own personal goals
- Cash flow and profit forecasting for the next 12 months. Without a month by month forecast how can you plan and know where you are going?
- Our One Page Business Plan, this is a one-page report showing you what might be possible in your business (presented at boardview meeting)
- Quarterly management accounts, prepared from your accounting records allowing us to compare your actual numbers to your forecasts and goals to keep you on track*
- 5-year summaries, as well as looking forwards, we also need to look back, these 5-year summaries give a wealth of financial data that we will use when planning forward with forecasts and goal setting
- BoardView meetings, two times a year we will attend your business meetings. If you have not held such meetings before, you will now. These meetings are not to be feared, the idea is for us to work together, in these meetings we can be your sounding board, we can chair the meeting if you like, we can brainstorm ideas with you, it really is your choice how you use our skills to get the most out of these meetings
* We will give you a list of monthly actions for your bookkeeper to complete to ensure your accounting records are up to the required standard for meaningful management accounts
This package is designed for those who are a little further in their journey and need more support, you get all the services of our improve package, plus:
- Personal balance sheet, this will show your net worth today and help you plan for your future
- Success driver mapping, mapping the key drivers for success, this provides more data for the OnePage™ Business Plan
- OnePage™ Business Plan, your one-page report showing you want might be possible in your business followed up with a separate 2-hour meeting to create an action plan with you to improve your numbers (replaces improve package)
- Benchmarking review to measure performance of your business against other businesses in your sector. This is a one-page performance improvement report and includes a 2-hour meeting to go through the key numbers
- BoardView meetings, four times a year we will attend your business meetings. If you have not held such meetings before, you will now. These meetings are not to be feared, the idea is for us to work together, in these meetings we can be your sounding board, we can chair the meeting if you like, we can brainstorm ideas with you, it really is your choice how you use our skills to get the most out of these meetings (replaces improve package)
This package includes everything in both the improve and grow packages, plus:
- OnePage™ Business Plan, your one-page report showing you want might be possible in your business followed up with a separate 3-hour meeting using the AVN Simple Stuff that Works software ‘SSTW’ and creating an action plan to improve your numbers (replaces improve and grow packages)
- Benchmarking review to measure performance of your business against other businesses in your sector. This is an in-depth performance improvement report and includes a half-day meeting to tie this data in with the data used in the OnePage™ Business Plan and the AVN SSTW software, helping you make the most of your business numbers (replaces improve and grow packages)
- BoardView meetings, six times a year we will attend your business meetings. If you have not held such meetings before, you will now. These meetings are not to be feared, the idea is for us to work together, in these meetings we can be your sounding board, we can chair the meeting if you like, we can brainstorm ideas with you, it really is your choice how you use our skills to get the most out of these meetings (replaces improve and grow packages)
Bespoke Packages & Addons
If the packages already outlined do not fit and you are looking for a bespoke package please speak with us and we can tailor our services to meet your needs and provide you with a quote.
We offer a range of addon services, that can be accessed from our services tabs at the top of our website.
All our services can be added onto any of our three packages as and when you need them, just ask for a quote.
Money Back Guarantee
100% money back guarantee – every session we run comes with an unconditional money back guarantee in the unlikely event that you are not completely delighted.
Call Us: 01704 320560
Win On Your Own Terms
Our Core Values
Welcome to the online presence of Holden Associates, we are a family run firm of Qualified Accountants, Business and Taxation Consultants, but then you know that, but do you realise that we are just like you, yes that’s right, we are running a business too, it just happens to be an accountancy business.
Our advisors and their skills aren’t just tried and tested; they’re trusted too. We’re technically competent, experienced and completely confidential when working with our customers.
We’re not about the corporate feel. We’re a warm, friendly, approachable team who pride ourselves on communicating in layman’s terms – no silly bamboozle, just simple business.
Our analytical skills are second to none; we certainly don’t take things at face value and in our industry, a keen eye for analysis can be the difference between standard assistance and excellent services.
Contrary to popular belief, accountants are humans too! We’re wholly empathetic and can relate to a variety of life and business experiences to provide an excellent, trusted service.
Our door is always open. There’s no question too complicated, and no job too big or small. We want our customers to feel totally comfortable when seeking help and guidance, and they do.