Sole Trader

If you are self employed and trading as a sole trader this page is for you.

Holden Associates already act for many self employed people who operate a sole trader business, we offer help and advice on the wide range of issues that the self employed will face during their time as a sole trader.

Do you need help with …

  1. Registering as a sole trader with HM Revenue & Customs
  2. Keeping your book and records
  3. Paying the right amount of tax and not a penny more
  4. Completing your annual accounts
  5. Completing and submitting your self assessment tax return

Many people in business start out as a sole trader because it is the easiest way to start a business, you can be up and running in no time, but as the years go by has anyone ever looked at whether it is still the best way for you to trade?

There are other ways to run a business, a partnership or limited company being the most common alternatives. Just because you start out as a sole trader doesn’t mean you have to stay that way.

Sometimes it’s not the big things like should I be a limited company that you will need help with or advice on, sometimes it’s the simple things like:

  1. Should I change my car or van now, or later?
  2. Is now a good time to buy equipment, or should I wait?

It is often the case that as a sole trader you find yourself with no one else to ask, well that’s what we are here for.

Lets start by asking you one question now, do you have business insurance? Many sole traders don’t realise the importance of being insured for their protection, and it is for this reason we teamed up with Simply Business, our own insurance brokers, and have our own page offering online business insurance quotes.

At Holden Associates we offer the same high level of support and care to all our self employed clients who trade as sole traders as we do to those in partnership or running a limited company.

If you only want to speak with your accountant once a year please do not ring Holden Associates, but if you want more from your accountant than a yearly bill for the accounts and tax then call us today on 01704 320560.