Budget Report 2015. On Wednesday 18 March 2015 George Osborne delivered his final Budget Report before the general election.
Some of the highlights from the Budget are:
- Unemployment down to 1.86m
- Projected economic growth will be consistently above 2%
- Pensions: from 2016 existing annuities can be ‘cashed in’
- ISA annual savings limit increased to £15,240
- Help To Buy ISA: from autumn 2015 the Government will contribute up to a maximum of £3,000
- Pensions: the lifetime allowance is to be reduced to £1m from April 2016
- Personal Tax Allowance will be raised to £10,600 in 2015/16
- The first £1,000 of savings interest is to be tax free for basic rate taxpayers
For our full Budget Report overview please click here.